Saturday, September 13, 2008

Book Clubs


Several authors offer their services to bookclubs. They ask to visit, offer books, suggest conference calls. Most book groups like this, but I've had notes from a few who feel they're being bombarded by authors. My feeling is that this should be the worst of their troubles. One can always say no. Some of the authors can be intense with their marketing methods, but I find that most are pretty lowkey.

N. M Kelby has a few contests and book club offers that came across my email yesterday, and I thought I'd share it will you.
***

I'd like to make an offer to the membership, if I can. I would like to give each book club one copy of MURDER AT THE BAD GIRL'S BAR AND GRILL. The first 20 clubs to e-mail me at nmkelby@yahoo.com will receive a book.

If the book is chosen for the club, I have a special gift pack I send out. I am also available to speak to the group via phone.

www.nmkelby.com/www.nmkelby.com/Book_Club_Offer.html

There's also a contest. I'm giving away $100 gift certificate for the bookstore of your choice. Here's the link.
www.nmkelby.com/www.nmkelby.com/Contest!.html

Don't forget to check out the Mystery Readers International list of Mystery Book Clubs/Reading Groups. Send your group, location, meeting times, contact emails and phone numbers, what you're reading and anything else relevant. See the MRI, NorCal chapter, Fall reading list in this blog.

1 comment:

vallerose said...

I had the pleasure of meeting N. M. Kelby when she appeared at the Berkeley City Club in Sept. She spoke and one of her stories was beautifully read by two actresses.
I'm looking forward to reading her book and seeing her again at Left Coast Crime 2009/Hawaii.
Vallery