Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More International Mysteries

I'm a big fan of mysteries set in other countries, as you know from reading my blog. I love to 'travel' to other parts of the world through mystery novels. Sometimes I do this before I go to another country in order to familarize myself with the area. Sometimes I read mysteries set in other countries when I return to reinforce my travels. But, more likely, I'll read about countries I'll never get to visit. Whatever the reason, I enjoy reading mysteries set in other places. Mystery Readers Journal has had issues on Irish Mysteries, Scandinavian mysteries, Italy, France, and other countries. I always love finding new books.

Publishers Weekly had an article last week on the rise of thrillers in France and Sweden. This article introduced me to Jean-Christophe Grange (France) and Jan Guillou (Sweden) and several others. Interesting to note that Harlan Coben's The Final Detail (Fleuve Noir) was #3 on the French charts the week ending September 28.

For more info on mysteries set in other countries, go to: Around the World in 80 Sleuths.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Janet,

I'm writing from the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt publicity department. Sorry to post this here, but I had trouble finding an e-mail address for you. We're compiling a list of great bloggers who will receive review copies of our mystery titles, and we would like to add your name. If you are interested, please send me your shipping address. Thank you, and I hope to hear from you!

Best,
Laura
_________________
Laura Aberle
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Trade & Reference
222 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116
laura.aberle@gmail.com