Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Blog Carnival

The Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Blog Carnival. I just checked out the June 23, 2009 edition of the Agatha Christie Monthly Carnival, and there are many reviews of books and short stories, plus audio, TV and movies.
This is a very interesting 'composite' blog. Other bloggers send their Agatha Christie postings and then there's a monthly showcase of all the reviews that appears around the 23rd of the month.

I found this very interesting because I'm involved in a similar but one time only type of 'carnival' on my DyingforChocolate Blog. There we're "going on a Picnic," and I'm bringing Chocolate Cherry Pie. Each blogger chooses a letter to bring to the virtual picnic and provides the recipe or food based on the letter they've chosen on their blog. Then the Virtual Picnic is posted on Months of Edible Celebrations (this is National Picnic Month). The entire picnic is up on the site today.

The Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Blog Carnival is a carnival, though, and continuous, and I love the concept. Agatha Christie is one of my favorite writers. I was thrilled to be part of the Agatha Christie Centenary in Torquay some years ago, and I've taught several courses on Agatha Christie, as well as led book groups and one day seminars. I've been enjoying the new series of Poirot and Miss Marples on PBS. I often reread Agatha Christies, particularly when I travel. They take me back to another time and place that seemed simple and comfortable, but was full of evil.

So, if you'd like to be part of the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge, it is not too late to start. Check out the other postings on the blog and the main Agatha Christie Reading Challenge postings which will lead you to the lists of titles etc. You can join the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge. Just click on the link and sign up.

Read at your own pace, write a review on your blog, go to the Carnival collecting space and put in the URL, your details, and a comment about the post.

What fun!

This reading carnival is organized by the wonderful Australian Blogger Kerrie Smith who has several other blogs including one of my favorites Mysteries In Paradise.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the promo and the interest Janet.The Carnival is now 6 months old and still happening - I did wonder whether it would. My own interest is still high and it appears there are many who are reading a book a month. All contributions to the Carnival are welcome.