Saturday, November 27, 2010

Globe and Mail Best Crime Fiction List 2010

Margaret Cannon's Deathly Dozen for 2010 from The Globe and Mail
Love this eclectic list.. the first of many, I would suspect, and I'll be adding them to Mystery Fanfare as they come out. I've read many of these books, but glad I have more to add to my TBR!

ELEGY FOR APRIL by Benjamin Black

THREE STATIONS by Martin Cruz Smith

CRIME MACHINE By Giles Blunt

THE GOOD SON by by Michael Gruber

TRUTH by Peter Temple

THIRTEEN HOURS by Deon Meyer

THE PAST IS A FOREIGN COUNTRY by Gianrico Carofigli

BURY YOUR DEAD by Louise Penny

IF THE DEAD NOT RISE by Philip Kerr

STAR ISLAND by Carl Hiaasen

THE COAST ROAD by John Brad

THE REVERSAL by Michael Connelly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet - You're right; this is really an eclectic list!! I think there are some very, very fine choices there, too.

Lynne Perednia said...

Any list that includes Martin Cruz Smith, Gianrico Carofigli, Deon Meyer and Louise Penny is a good list. Love seeing the variety.

Uriah Robinson said...

Some of the lists produced at this time of year, include people I have never heard of, but this one has 10 authors out of the dozen that I have actually read.
Truth, If the Dead Rise Not, The Past is a Foreign Country and Thirteen Hours are all brilliant books.

Rosemary Harris said...

Nice to see Carl Hiassen included on this list. I don't think he gets enough credit for writing good, fun mysteries. Most Best of lists seem to be so dark.

Janet Rudolph said...

Yes, Rosemary, glad to see Hiassen on the list, although this wasn't his best. Still a fun read and good that the list is a mix and not all dark.

vallerose said...

I, too recognize the authors. My brother brought back Truth for me from Australia.