Criminaljusticedegreesguides.com often has great posts of interest to crime fiction fans and writers. Recently they posted an article on Top 10 Unsolved Missing Person Cases.
Unsolved crimes take on a whole new level of attraction when it comes to missing-person cases: instead of a whodunit murder with a body and clues, they revolve around unexplained disappearances and thus are more puzzling than other crimes. Circumstantial evidence often presents itself later, allowing family, friends, and investigators to mostly piece together what happened, but the lack of finality makes an unsolved missing-person case feel like a situation that will never be resolved, no matter what’s learned.
1. The Springfield Three. 1992. Three women went missing in Springfield, MO
2. Maura Murray. 2004. UMass student vanished
3. Natalee Holloway. 2005. Vacationing in Aruba as part of a school graduation trip. Even though there was a famous court case, the body was never found.
4. D.B. Cooper. 1971. hijacked a plane, stole $200,000 and vanished. Several mysteries and panels at Bouchercon about this over the years.
5. The Beaumont Children. 1966. Adelaide, South Australia.
6. Ambrose Bierce.1930. Mexico. Yes, the famous author of An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge and The Difficulty of Crossing a Field.
7. Percy and Jack Fawcett. 1925. Brazilian jungles.
8. Joseph Crater. 1930.
9. Michael Rockefeller. 1961. New Guinea
10. The Roanoke Colony. 1590. An Entire Town.
Read the article and all the details, HERE.
Cotton Candy Day: Cotton Candy Hot Chocolate - Today is *Cotton Candy Day* which seems odd since I always associate *Cotton Candy* with summer. Growing up we bought *Cotton Candy* fresh from the spinner...
23 hours ago