Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cartoon of the Day: PBS for Cats

So yesterday I went to a new to me flea market on Treasure Island and picked up a small Oriental rug--a 6 x 7 Baktiari garden pattern. It's not in mint condition, but then it's over 50 years old.  It's imperfect which is perfect for me, since I want it for a specific place that gets a lot of traffic. For the very low price I paid, it can take lots of wear without any worries. Then today, while clearing up some long buried papers near my desk, I found this wonderful cartoon that used to hang on my refrigerator! Still makes me laugh!  No mystery here!

Brings back memories of cats long gone.


5 comments:

LTfoto said...

Yep, it is funny!

Carfair said...

We went to the Treasure Island Flea today for the first time, too. It's a great location and I came home with a dozen beautiful Indian place mats for $5. And they have a food truck that sells excellent knishes.

Carol F

Bobbi Mumm said...

Treasure Island? So now pirates have given up their buried gold and are hawking oriental rugs and place mats?

Love the cartoon, as well.

Janet Rudolph said...

No, Bobbi, Treasure Island was built for the 1939 World's Fair.. and after to be an airport for SF. That part didn't happen, although it was a Navy Base for a long time. It's right smack dab in the middle of SF Bay. Fabulous views, deco building. Love it!

vallerose said...

That cartoon channeled my cats. lets see which of Vallery's decorative glasses we can crash today?

Right now they are snoozing with about five quilts under their rumps.