Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Edible Books

Hungry Happenings  has a great recipe for creating edible books with fruit leather and honey-scented white modeling chocolate–"the perfect treat for your book party."
For my chocolate readers: Note, If you haven't made modeling chocolate before or haven't melted chocolate, you should read Hungry Happenings' chocolate making tutorial. All brands of white chocolate or white candy melts have varying amounts of cocoa butter or oil, so the recipe is just a guide. You may need to add more or possibly less honey. She used Peters White Caps which are similar to Merckens Super White Coatings or Wilton White Candy Melts. 

Photo: Hungry Happenings

Thanks to Jen Forbus and BV Lawson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I. Want. These. ;-)

Beth @ Hungry Happenings said...

Thanks for posting a link to my Edible Books. They make a perfect treat to serve at a book club.

Priscilla said...

This takes "eating up a book" to a new level...

Unknown said...

I need to make these for my next book club meeting! I'm not familiar with using chocolate like this, but I have to try. Excellent!

Kitchen Benchtops said...

A good edible design will be the ideal gift for everybody They are a fun gift to obtain!