Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ideal Bookshelf: Customized for You

Want to have a personal painting or print of your favorite bookshelf? What books would you include? Your own? Want to see what other bookshelves might contain?  I love the Ideal Bookshelf Project!

Jane Mount paints people's ideal bookshelves: your favorite books, books that changed your life, books that made you who you are. 

JANE MOUNT:

"Picking your ideal books is not an easy task (try it!). I think of this project as an intimate form of portraiture; a way to illustrate who the subject is on the inside instead of out.

I love that a book is something created very personally and then mass-produced in order to affect many other people very personally. I paint them to turn them back into something very personal and intimate. In the age of the Kindle (which I also love, btw), it's very satisfying.

You can see the options for having your books painted or buy prints of other sets here. If you see a bookshelf you love but don't see prints of it available in my shop, please just ask about it! Also, here are my suggestions on framing.

The Ideal Bookshelf book will be published by Little, Brown. I'm working on it now with Thessaly La Force of The Paris Review.

I illustrate and design other things, too; you can see them here."

Contact Jane HERE

For A Look at Different Bookshelves, go here.

No comments: