Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gun Jewelry

I blog about a lot of odd crime related items here on Mystery Fanfare: Gun Lamps, Gun Purses, Gun Notebooks, etc. I don't think, though, that I've ever posted about Gun Jewelry. One of my own favorite pieces of jewelry is a small gold gun with movable barrel that also opens for loading. O.K. no bullets. It's too small. I used to wear it on a chain around my neck. Reason: I once went with a gun dealer who gave it to me as momento. He also gave me a pearl handled derringer. I still have the gold charm, but the gun disappeared long ago, along with the gun dealer.

But I digress. All this to post a few examples of some gun jewelry. I wear handcuff earrings now and again, often mistaken for the 'other type' of handcuffs. I think the same goes for gun jewelry. It can go either way. Gun Moll? Common street criminal? Mystery Reader? Crime Fiction author? Take your pick. I'm not doing any links to this jewelry. None of these are my gold gun charm. You can do a search and buy what you want. You'll find the solid gold charms can be quite quite pricey.





Yes, even Betsey Johnson...

4 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I like the first one the best. Did I tell you that I gave myself a birthday gift of a session at the firing range? I'm taking my son with me, we'll be like Booth & Brennan. ;-)

Janet Rudolph said...

LOve it, Pattie. Zoe Sharp had a one on one at the Shooting Range as an auction item at Bouchercon. I didn't win it

Bobbi Mumm said...

Really cute. These would get the security x-rayers at the airports excited!

Kris said...

Where did you get the gold pistol charm? My husband really likes it. Thanks for your help.
Kris