Crime Writers of Canada announced the winners of the Arthur Ellis Awards tonight in Toronto. Congrats to all!
Best First Novel:
• The Haunting of Maddy Clare, by Simone St. James (NAL)
• Until the Night, by Giles Blunt (Random House Canada)
• Contingency Plan, by Lou Allin (Orca Rapid Reads)
Best Short Story:
• “Spring-blade Knife,” by Yasuko Thanh (from Floating Like the Dead, McClelland & Stewart)
• The Devil’s Cinema: The Untold Story behind Mark Twitchell’s Kill Room, by Steve Lillebuen
Best Juvenile/Young Adult:
• Becoming Holmes, by Shane Peacock (Tundra)
Best Crime Book in French:
• La Nuit des albinos: Sur les traces de Max O’Brien, by Mario Bolduc (Libre Expression)
Best Unpublished First Crime Novel (“The Unhanged Arthur”):
• Sins Revisited, by Coleen Steele
Hat Tip: Deryn Collier who tweeted the winners!
Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake: Retro Ad & Recipe - Today is *National Chiffon Cake Day*! Of course, it's chocolate for me. Love this *Retro Ad & Recipe*. *"LoveLight" 2-Egg Chocolate Chiffon Layer Cake *fro...
18 hours ago