Monday, October 7, 2013

Scotland Yard at the Flea Market

Saw this at the Alameda Flea Market yesterday. It was in pretty bad shape, so I passed on it, but I wanted to post the photo. In reality, there were no officers from Scotland Yard, but there were some representatives from U.S. Fish and Game. They ended up confiscating items from several vendors and fining them. Not sure the vendors knew they were flouting the law. Some of the items were over 50 years old, but involved endangered species.


4 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I think I'd have had a hard time resisting. The price would be the only thing stopping me. Love the cover.

Michael Gora said...

Many nice copies of this at abebooks.com, with good DJs and at a low price.

Michael Gora said...

Many nice copies of this at abebooks.com, with dust jacket, at a low price.

Anonymous said...

I thought the Fish and Game folks would be furloughed.