Tuesday, September 27, 2016

William Kent Krueger Literary Salon 10/6

Join Mystery Readers NorCal for an evening Literary Salon with William Kent Krueger on Thursday, October 6, at 7 p.m. in Berkeley, CA. Please RSVP (make a comment below with your email address) for directions and to attend.

Raised in the Cascade Mountains of Oregon, William Kent Krueger briefly attended Stanford University—before being kicked out for radical activities. After that, he logged timber, worked construction, tried his hand at freelance journalism, and eventually ended up researching child development at the University of Minnesota. He currently makes his living as a full-time author. He’s been married for over 40 years to a marvelous woman who is a retired attorney. He makes his home in St. Paul, a city he dearly loves.


Krueger writes a mystery series set in the north woods of Minnesota. His protagonist Cork O’Connor is the former sheriff of Tamarack County and a man of mixed heritage—part Irish and part Ojibwe. Krueger's work has received a number of awards, including the Minnesota Book Award, the Loft-McKnight Fiction Award, the Anthony Award, the Barry Award, the Dilys Award, and the Friends of American Writers Prize. His last five novels were all New York Times bestsellers.
Ordinary Grace, his stand-alone novel published in 2013, received the Edgar Award, given by the Mystery Writers of America for  best novel published in that year. Windigo Island, number fourteen in his Cork O’Connor series, was released in August 2014 and was chosen by Amazon.com as one the best books of the year.

5 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

Oh Janet, how I wish I could be there! Kent is one of my very, very favorite authors, I just love his books. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

ancestersearcher said...

Janet, I will be sorry to miss this one. KEnt is my favorite. Oh, well, Left Coast Crime will be honoring him in REno, in 2018:)

ancestersearcher said...

Janet,
I would love to be there, but will have to wait until 2018, when Left Coast Crime honors Kent in Reno!

Coco Ihle said...

Huge kudos to William Kent Krueger!! I wish I could be there. He is one of my favorite authors!!!

Yves Fey said...

Hi Janet, Richard and I will be at the salon.
Gayle