Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Mysteries

Today's my birthday, and I've blogged a bit about it on my other Blog, DyingforChocolate, so I won't bore you here. Since this is a holiday, at least for me, I did a little research into Birthday mysteries. As always, I'd love to add to this list.

The Birthday Present by Barbara Vine aka Ruth Rendell
And One to Die On by Jane Haddam
The Fortieth Birthday Body by Valerie Wolzien

Seems to me I've read several mysteries with birthdays as jumping off points or deaths, particularly Golden Age mysteries. However, as I age, the more I forget, especially titles.

I also found several children's mysteries:
Cam Jansen & the Birthday Mystery by David A. Adler (author) and Susanna Natti (Illustrator)
Bones and the Birthday Mystery by David A. Adler (author), Barbara Neville (Illustrator)
The Happy Birthday Mystery by Joan Lowery Nixon, Jim Cummins, Illustrated by Jim Cummins

Today I'm in Bodega Bay, site of The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock. No birthdays in the story, but a very good place for a mystery person to be on her birthday.

3 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Happy birthday, Janet!

Louise Ure said...

Happy Birthday, Janet! And many more mysterious days to come!

Auntie Knickers said...

Don't forget Toni L. P. Kelner's and Charlaine Harris's wicked good anthology, MANY BLOODY RETURNS. Birthdays and vampires, who could resist? And happy birthday!