Monday, May 21, 2012

Barbecue Mysteries

Memorial Day Weekend is coming up, and I'll be posting a Memorial Day Crime Fiction list. In the meantime, I thought I'd update my Barbecue Mysteries list. Let me know any titles I've missed, and I'll add them.

So many ways one can murder someone at a barbecue, from the sauce to the skewers to the grill. Here's a short list of Barbecue Mysteries. Let me know if I've forgotten any!

Barbecue Mysteries

Delicious and Suspicious, Hickory Smoked Homicide, Finger Lickin' Dead by Riley Adams  (The Barbeque Mysteries)
Several of the recent Dan Rhodes books by Bill Crider
Murder at the Blue Ridge Barbecue Festival by Gene Davis
Finger Lickin' Fifteens by Janet Evanovich
The Big Barbecue by Dorothy B. Hughes
The King is Dead by Sarah Shankman
Stiffs and Swine by J.B. Stanley
Revenge of the Barbecue Queens by Lou Jane Temple
Barbecue by A. E.H. Veenman

Short Stories: "Gored" by Bill Crider in Murder Most Delicious
Young Readers: The Barbecue Thief by Starike

Want a little chocolate on the barbie this weekend? 
Check out recipes on my other blog: DyingforChocolate.com
S'mores on the Grill  
Banana Boats
Chocolate Barbecue Sauce
Spicy Chocolate Rub
Cocoa Spiced Salmon Rub 
Scharffen Berger Caco Nib Rub for Trip Tip

3 comments:

Jonathan E. Quist said...

There is also a bit of a Southern-style barbeque mystery wrapped up in Fannie Flagg's Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, later made into the film Fried Green Tomatoes.

Thanks for the recipes, Janet! Our menu is already set for this weekend, but there's a whole summer ahead to try them out... I'm not sure I can grasp the concept of cocoa-rubbed salmon - all the more reason to give it a go!

Carol Riggs said...

Ha! What a great mystery book list idea--a BBQ version. :D I've never heard of chocolate on the grill! Sounds interesting!

Judith Starkston said...

Uh, oh. Now I'm hungry...