Friday, December 21, 2012

Ed Kaufman: R.I.P.

Just learned that Ed Kaufman, the magic behind M is for Mystery and a huge supporter of everything and everyone in mystery, has passed away. Very sad. A Memorial Service is planned for early 2013. I'll post when the date is set.

Update: Here's a link to the obituary in the San Mateo Times
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_preview.php?id=1760490amp;title=Mystery+bookstore+owner%2C+Edmund+Kaufman%2C+dies+at+82

and from The San Francisco Chronicle:
http://www.sfgate.com/books/article/Edmund-Kaufman-bookstore-owner-dies-4153322.php

2 comments:

vallery said...

How sad. Another one gone. He sponsored our bags at LCC 2004 in Monterey. He was major force in the mystery community.

Priscilla said...

I grieve over this. Ed was a wonderful man and a great supporter of the new author and those published by the indies. When my first book came out, he was not only the only bookstore in the area to give me an event but he made me feel like an honored guest. I will miss him much!