Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Book Bytes: How To Open a New Book, Smell of Books

Those of you with e-Readers will appreciate the following:

I found this on Stephen's Lighthouse Blog. In this age of e-books (is there an informational page for librarians?), it's a reminder of days past.


Miss the smell of a new book when you open your e-Reader? Here's what you need:



Smell of Books™ is available in five designer aromas. There’s a Smell of Books™ scent for every type of book lover.

New Book Smell
Classic Musty Smell
Scent of Sensibility
Eau You Have Cats
Crunchy Bacon Scent

4 comments:

Yvette said...

I have to say, Janet, the book smell spray has left me speechless. It's a 'what is the world coming to' moment, for sure. HA!

Janet Rudolph said...

Sad, but true. The fact that it's an aerosal can is pretty weird and toxic, too, but in a totally other way.

Dorte H said...

I have not given in to the ebook yet but who knows...

With regard to smell my current read is extra authentic. I don´t know if the story is so vivid that it is the smell of decaying bodies that comes with it - or perhaps it is just because it is an old library book.

MerleChloe said...

LOL Love the Smell of a new book spray. Too funny! I'll keep that in mind should I buy that Ipad I have had my eyes on for a while now.

Aloha!
@MerleChloe