Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Burglar is Back!

The big news today is that The Burglar is Back! Lawrence Block announced today in his newsletter that he's written another Bernie Rhodenbarr mystery: The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons. And, he chose to publish it himself, so it's available now!

Here's the story from Lawrence Block:

A couple of months ago I boarded the MS Veendam in Boston’s tea-stained harbor, and five weeks later it returned to port and I disembarked with a book written. I told you that much a while ago, and now I can add what you’ve already surmised from a glance at the cover. The book’s title is The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons, and it’s the eleventh volume about Mrs. Rhodenbarr’s son Bernie.

In the ordinary course of things, you’d be able to read it somewhere around the end of next year or the beginning of 2015. But do you really want to wait that long?

Well, by George, you don’t have to. I’ve chosen to publish the book myself, with a release date of December 25. And, because the good people at Amazon have so arranged matters, you can click here right now and pre-order The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons as either an eBook or a handsome trade paperback. (And handsome’s the word for it. Isn’t that a gorgeous cover?)

The eBook’s priced at $9.99, and available only at Amazon. The trade paperback’s $14.99, and more widely available. And I know y’all have questions, so go ahead and ask them.


Read More Here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, Lawrence, I love Bernie! If I didnt already have the sexiest, handsomest, most awesome husband in the world (did I mention, he knows Yiddish?), I would make passionate paperbook love to him!

Albeit, so when can we see the next Rhodenbarr mystery? I 've read and reread all his stories, until the pages are all tea-stained, the mice have gnawed the edges trying to get to the cookie crumbs inside, and the spines are all cracked.

I love him to death, and google all the time looking for your next one. Just one hint? I would love it!

Audrey, the Book Mooch