Saturday, December 14, 2013

TV News: Carl Hiassen's Basket Case

TV News: 

Spike TV has put into development Basket Case, adapted from the novel by Carl Hiaasen. Rob Reiner will direct and executive produce, Deadline.com reported, adding that the project, written by Alex Taub (Drop Dead Diva), is from FremantleMedia North America in association with Random House Television Prods. and Castle Rock Entertainment.

"Corruption, murder, and laughs. I can't think of a more satisfying combination," Reiner said. "Carl Hiaasen strikes the perfect balance. I'm so looking forward to entering his twisted world."

Hiaasen commented: "Among writers of satire, Spinal Tap stands as a work of genius. I'm excited to see what Rob will do with my twisted little novel.

HT: Shelf Awareness

1 comment:

Dana King said...

BASKET CASE is my favorite Hiaasen novel. I'm looking forward to this.