Monday, April 8, 2024

SOLAR ECLIPSE FICTION: Solar Eclipse 2024

I was thinking about books that feature solar eclipses, and the one that immediately came to mind was Jane Langton's Dark Nantucket Noon (Homer Kelly #2). I haven't read it in many years, but I do remember the opening scene with the eclipse. Thought I'd make a short list of some Eclipse Fiction--not all mystery.

Eclipse Novels

Nightfall by Isaac Asimov and Robert Silverberg (science fiction)
Eclipse; Shroud by John Banville (not mysteries)
The Secret Mountain by Enid Blyton (Children's Lit)
The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
Solar Eclipse by John Farris
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard (adventure)
Jade Dragon Mountain by Elsa Hart
Prisoners of the Sun by Herge´(Tintin) 
He Said/ She Said by Erin Kelly
Gerald's Game; Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King
Dark Nantucket Noon by Jane Langton
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain (not a mystery, but a classic)

Short Stories

Day of the Dark: Stories of Eclipse, edited by Kaye George

1 comment:

Katharine O said...

I enjoyed Hart's "Jade Dragon Mountain" five years ago and have read the series - I wish she'd write more!