Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day: Holidays can be Murder

Labor Day. Here's a book for the day. Labor Day Murder by Lee Harris. This is the tenth in her series of holiday-themed mystery novels featuring Christine Bennett, a 30 something blonde who left the convent after 15+ years to find love, marriage and motherhood soon there after. She also began solving murders. Labor Day Murder takes place on Fire Island at the end of the summer.

I love mysteries that have a theme, so it's not surprising that the Winter issue of Mystery Readers Journal will focus on Crime for the Holidays. Halloween is a natural, as is Christmas, but I've already received lots of articles that focus on other holidays such as Thanksgiving, both American and Canadian, Guy Fawkes Day, and Guy Fawkes Day. I'm still looking for articles, reviews and Author! Author! essays for the Crime for the Holiday issue.

I'll be posting a list of Halloween mysteries in October, so please send me titles.

1 comment:

vallerose said...

I love the idea of holiday mysteries. Lee Harris has many as well as Jane Haddam. I know there a few Jewish holiday ones. This should be a great issue. But aren't they all.
Vallery