When's the last time you've been to L.A.? Never been to L.A.? Maggie Mason has put together several different ideas for you to extend and enjoy your time in Los Angeles at Left Coast Crime.
TWENTY WAYS TO CELEBRATE LCC 20
1. Forensic Science Day / Sharpen your forensic skills at the Crime Lab
2. Nominate your favorite book for 2009
3. Read the winner of every Lefty Award from the beginning of LCC
4. Los Angeles was home to the original masters of the noir mystery-- Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler, and James M. Cain. Read their books, toast them with their favorite cocktails, rent movies that were based on their stories and characters, and then go to L.A. and see for yourself the city that inspired them, or at least kept them in a noir mood while they wrote their masterpieces.
5. Tour L.A. with mystery guides
6. Read a Bruce Alexander / historical winner
7. Be up close and personal with our honored Guests
8. Celebrate the launch of Stephen J. Cannell’s latest book
9. Get inside Michael Connelly’s L.A.
10. Meet the Kellerman family: Jonathan and Faye
11. Hobnob with some of the world’s best writers
12. Find 20 mysteries that were set in Los Angeles , the home of LCC 2010. Give them as gifts to your friends and family. Not only does this save you the stress of thinking of a gift for everyone on your list, it also gives you a chance to suggest that going to LCC 2010 would be a fun thing to do together!
13. Strike up a conversation with your favorite author at the bar
14. Place a bid in the silent auction on a book you really want
15. For fans of L.A. Confidential – you can still drink at The Frolic Room on Hollywood near Vine
16. Walk down Grand Avenue and explore the Disney Symphony Hall
17. Visit the Los Angeles Central Library on 5th st. to admire the architecture and sculptures
18. Dine at the Tail of the Pump where kitsch is king
19. Drive up Mulholland Drive at night and see the lights over L.A. ; then drive over to the other side and see the Valley lights
20. Have drinks or eat at Musso and Franks Grill
O.K. I'll be there. Will you?