Friday, April 16, 2010

Cancelled: Erin Hart: Literary Salon in Berkeley, April 23

Sorry. The Literary Salon with Erin Hart has been cancelled due to illness. Wishing Erin a speedy recovery.

***

Join Mystery Readers NorCal for an evening Literary Salon with Erin Hart, author of Haunted Ground, Lake of Sorrows and False Mermaid, all set in Ireland. Erin contributed to the Irish Mysteries issue of Mystery Readers Journal.

Friday, April 23, 7 p.m. Berkeley. RSVP for directions.

As to why Erin Hart sets her mysteries in Ireland, Erin said, "People often ask why I chose Ireland as a setting, and I have to say that I think Ireland chose me," she says. "It's a place I've been drawn to more than any other ever since I was a child. There's something about Ireland's complex and contradictory nature, all those layers of history one on top of the other—that lends a particular resonance to the kinds of stories I feel compelled to tell."

Be sure and visit Erin Hart's website for more information on Books, events, and Irish music. She even has a handy pronunciation guide of Irish proper names and a short glossary of words--great companion to her books.

Please join us for a night in Ireland!

No comments: