Tuesday, February 4, 2014

CWA Diamond Dagger for Simon Brett

Simon Brett to receive the CWA (British Crime Writers Association) 2014 Diamond Dagger. Congratulations, Simon. Well done!

CWA chair Alison Joseph was quoted as saying: “I am delighted that the CWA Diamond Dagger for 2014 is to be awarded to Simon Brett. He is a writer of great wit and integrity, and his success over the years has been very well deserved. The Diamond Dagger is awarded not only for a writer’s work but also for their contribution to the genre, and Simon has always been a stalwart supporter of his fellow writers. I am sure I am not alone in feeling that it is entirely appropriate and merited that Simon should be receiving this award.”

The award will be presented in June.

HT: The Rap Sheet

1 comment:

vallery said...

I can't believe there are no comments. This award is much deserved. Wonderful writer, and very funny man. I remember meeting him at our Bouchercon in Monterey 1997 and from Crime Fest in Bristol. I have read almost all of his books. Congratulations Simon.
Vallery