Wednesday, October 12, 2022

THREE PINES TV SERIES Trailer


Watch the Three Pines Amazon Prime trailer.. Three Pines will air in December 2022. 

And a note from Louise Penny about the TV series:


Here now is your first look at the Three Pines TV series. In the midst of this fun one-minute trailer you might notice that the “Ruth” character describes Three Pines as a place that will expel people who don’t belong. I need to make clear that I fought and fought to have that line changed in the show. It is, as you know, the antithesis of what Three Pines is about. The fact it was not only left it in, but is now highlighted is troubling on so many levels.
 
It makes me wonder if they understand the heart and soul of the village. Three Pines is the soft landing, the open arms, the place at the table. In an often cruel and turbulent world, where physical safety can never be guaranteed, it is a place where we are emotionally safe. Because we are accepted. It is a place of friendship, of belonging, of acceptance and inclusion. No matter who you are. No matter what we believe. No one is turned away.
 
I just needed you to know that I did fight. And lost. But there is much to also commend the series, otherwise I wouldn’t be promoting it. I will always be honest with you.
 
That ridiculous misstep aside, I think you’ll like the trailer.


1 comment:

Shari Randall said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, especially Louise's comment. I've been eagerly anticipating this series because I love the books so much, but as happens too often, the filmmakers seem to be missing the heart of what makes this series so beloved. The trailer feels more "Knives Out" than "Three Pines" to me. I loved Knives Out, but it's not Three Pines. Perhaps this will bring that new generation that enjoyed KO to Three Pines?