Friday, August 16, 2024

Bad Monkey: Apple TV+ series


Bad Monkey
is now on AppleTV. I've seen the first two episodes, and I thought they were great -- intense, quirky, funny--just like Carl Hiassen's mystery on which the series is based. Apple’s comedy Bad Monkey stars and is executive produced byVince Vaughn with executive producer Bill Lawrence. It's a 10-episode series with the first two episodes available now. New episodes will drop every Wednesday through October 9.

Bad Monkey is the story of Andrew Yancy (Vaughn), who has been bounced from the Miami Police Department and is now a health inspector in the Florida Keys. But after stumbling upon a case that begins with a human arm fished up by tourists, he realizes that if he can prove murder, he’ll be back in. He just needs to get past a trove of Floridian oddballs and one bad monkey. And, it goes from there. The humor isn't for everyone, but I'm a huge fan of Carl Hiassen, so it is for me. 

Let me know what you think. 
 
 

3 comments:

vallery said...

good to Know. I love Hiaasen's books. So we will watch this.

Anonymous said...

Isn’t it great!?

Anonymous said...

I'm a big Hiaasen fan too and in fact have listened to this one on book tape. I might have to take a temporary subscription out on Apple just to watch the series.