Saturday, April 30, 2011

Agatha Awards 2011: Malice Domestic

What a wonderful evening at Malice! More when I get back to the Bay Area.... but the news you're waiting for....

Agatha Awards
The Agatha Awards are given for materials first published in the United States by a living author during the calendar year 2010 (January 1-December 31), either in hardcover, as a paperback original, or e-published by an e-publishing firm. They were presented tonight at Malice Domestic.

Best Novel:
Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny

Best First Novel:
The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames

Best Non-fiction:
Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks: 50 Years of Mysteries in the Making by John Curran

Best Short Story:
"So Much in Common" by Mary Jane Maffini, Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine - Sept./Oct. 2010

Best Children's/Young Adult:
The Other Side of Dark by Sarah Smith

Congratulations to all!

5 comments:

Bobbi Mumm said...

Well deserved awards! I'm looking forward to more details. And photos of the hats. Oh, wait, I've got my big weekend events mixed up.

Margaret said...

Janet, you missed posting The Poirot Award for lifetime contribution to the genre. It was awarded to YOU, and much deserved! Congratulations again.

Priscilla said...

I am thrilled that Sarah Smith won for "The Other Side of Dark". She has long been one of my favorite writers and this book is amazing. It is a wonderful book for YA and those of us "slightly" older as well...

vallerose said...

Yes, we need a photo of you receiving your well deserved award.

I also enjoyed Bury Your Dead.

K.B. Owen said...

Janet, it was terrific meeting you at Malice, although I think I talked more with Frank during the cocktail reception (and he couldn't stop talking about you - that's love!).

I don't think I've laughed so hard (in public) than I did when Louise "roasted" you at your Poirot award panel! Interesting photo-shopping, too: mustaches kept popping up everywhere :)

Best, Kathy Owen