Friday, April 15, 2011

Passover Mysteries: Crime Fiction

With the Jewish holiday of Passover just around the corner (starts sundown April 18 this year), I thought I'd update my Passover Crime Fiction list. Since it's such a short list, I suggest you check out DyingforChocolate.com HERE, HERE, and HERE for this year's Chocolate Passover Recipes.

Passover Crime Fiction

Conspirators by Michael Andre Bernstein 
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks 
The Passover Murder by Lee Harris 
All Other Nights by Dara Horn
Never Nosh a Matzo Ball by Sharon Kahn
Sunday the Rabbi Stayed Home by Harry Kemelman 
The Samaritans' Secret by Matt Beynon Rees 
The Passover Plot by Hugh J. Schonfield 
The Secret Supper by Javier Sierra
The Lord is My Shepherd by Debbie Viguie (on my Easter list, too!)
The Big Nap by Ayelet Waldman 
The Fifth Servant by Kenneth Wishnia

4 comments:

Keith Raffel said...

Funny that The Passover Plot is listed as fiction. The author didn't intend it that way; he meant it to be historical. However, given its take on Jesus, most Christians would indeed consider it fiction.

Priscilla said...

Javier Sierra is a new author to me. Thanks, Janet!

Joshua Corin said...

Great list, Janet!

Ilene Schneider said...

With any luck - and a willing agent and/or publisher - UNLEAVENED DEAD will be on the list next year!