Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Silva's Gabriel Allon Series Booked for Films

Universal has acquired the screen rights to Daniel Silva's bestselling series of novels featuring "semi-retired" Mossad agent Gabriel Allon.

Deadline.com reported that former NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker "became involved as the film's producer because he and Silva are close friends and the author wanted it that way. Silva will be executive producer and the studio will go out to writers immediately." The studio "will get a writer before figuring out which book to focus on." Silva's next book in the series, Portrait of a Spy, will be published in July.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet - Thanks; that's good to know. I'll have to tell my Mr.; he's a Silva fan...

Anonymous said...

daniel Silva is the bestwriter out there. His bookss keep me on the edge of my seat. The story line and character development is amazing. Who will be Gabriel?

Anonymous said...

Would love to see Oded Fehr in the movie. That would combine two of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Would love to see Oded Fehr in the movie. That would combine two of my favorites!