Thursday, June 12, 2014

The World Cup Murders: A Short List

The World Cup starts today in Brazil, so I thought I'd do a short list of World Cup mysteries!

Probably the most well known is The World Cup Murder by Pele, one of the most famous soccer players of all time, but there are a few more titles.

The World Cup Murder by Pele with Herbert Resnicow (1988)

Cup Final Murder by Bernard Newman (1950)

L'Estate del Mundial (the Soccer World Cup Summer) by Piero Colaprico (2003)

The Deliverance of Evil by Roberto Costantini, translated by N.S. Thompson (2014)

And, since the World Cup is taking place in Brazil, you might want to have a Caipirinha, the National Cocktail of Brazil.  Since I'm a chocoholic, I'll be making Caipirinha Truffles. Today is Cachaca Day, and that Brazilian Rum, in the main ingredient in a Caipirinha!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I always look forward to your lists because I find treasures. This one will surely grow but the idea of Pele writing a mystery is such fun by itself.

Jeff Baker said...

Give John Feinstein a few years and he'll write one! :)