Bouchercon 2014: Murder at the Beach (November 13-16, 2014) Kicks Off with one of my favorite events: Author Speed Dating. I'll be hosting this riotous and informative event with Ingrid Willis, Chair of Bouchercon. Join us at the Hyatt, Promenade 104 A-B-C at 8:30 on Thursday, November 13. Grab your continental breakfast (free breakfast to Bcon attendees starts at 8 am) and find a table. You will love this exhausting marathon of over 100 authors "pitching" their books. Authors in pairs will make the rounds to each table. Authors will have 5 minutes (2 1/2 minutes each) to share their latest book(s) with attendees. I've attended several Author Speed Dating events, and I can't tell you how many new authors I've found through this special extravaganza. This event is a life changer--or reader changer!
Who Should attend: Everybody.
What a great chance to find new authors and to meet your favorites.
Authors: This is a great place to pitch your books to dedicated readers and fans.
There are still a few spots open for authors, so if you'd like to be included in this round-robin author speed dating event, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For authors: This is your chance to introduce yourself and your book (s) to 500 dedicated readers, including librarians, bloggers, reviewers and fans!
A few hints to Authors:
1. Be sure and introduce yourself with your full name.
2. Bring your book to show while you speak.
3. Bring bookmarks or postcards to hand out, but remember to wait until you're both finished (you will be paired in this event with another author with 2 1/2 minutes each to pitch) to distribute them. Otherwise, the 'reader' will be reading the postcard and not listening to you.
3. Focus on the story of your book and share something fun about how you came to write the book or something fun about yourself (this will help the attendees remember you and your book).
5. Be confident! You wrote a great book. Now tell the attendees about it!
6. You will be tired as the rounds continue, but keep up your spirit and enthusiasm. Your 20th table may be filled with bloggers, librarians, publishers, readers and fans. You want them to remember you and your book in a positive way, not as the author who flagged at the end!
Questions? Make a comment below or send a note to: email@example.com.
Not registered for Bouchercon? It's not too late. Register now!
How to Pack and Ship Cookies for the Holidays - Yesterday I posted *Tips for Making the Very Best Cookies*. Continuing with the *Cookie Theme*, today I'm posting about *packing and shipping cookies for ...
9 hours ago