Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mystery Writers of America Ellery Queen Award

Just in case you missed it, I am receiving the 2016 Ellery Queen Award from Mystery Writers of America. To say I was totally surprised is an understatement. I am honored, appreciative, and humbled. Over the past 40 years, I've devoted myself to 'enriching the lives of mystery readers'. That's the tagline for Mystery Readers International, and I guess for me, too.

Mystery Readers Journal has been a labor of love, and I thank Kate Derie, my associate editor, and all the 1500 writers, librarians, and readers who have contributed to and supported the Mystery Readers Journal over the past 31 years. I share this award with everyone in the wonderful and supportive mystery community.

Here are the lovely roses my husband brought me to celebrate! Next stop: New York, NY, to receive the award at the Edgars.


15 comments:

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Janet,

I am so pleased to have discovered 'Mystery Fanfare' and hope to blog hop across often, to check out your great posts.

Many, many congratulations on winning the award, the gift flowers are beautiful and I hope that you have a wonderful experience at the official award presentation.

Best Wishes :)

Yvonne

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks so much! Hope you'll come back often.

Helena said...

Many, many congratulations! There is nothing like being recognised by your peers, who are best able to evaluate your work.

Icewineanne said...

Congrats on your well deserved award! I have always enjoyed Ellery Queen's Mystery Mag & it's sister mag, Alfred Hitchcock MM. It's must be pleasing to know that your contributions are appreciated :-)

ancestersearcher said...

Well-deserved award for your hard work. You have done so much to promote the genre in its many facets.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award - love your daily postings!

Bobbi A. Chukran, Author said...

Congratulations, Janet! You deserve it! Enjoy your celebration!

Priscilla said...

Absolutely thrilled with your richly deserved award!

Mary said...

Congratulations! I really enjoy your blog!

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks for your kind words about the blog!

ckubala said...

Well, how about that! Congratulations Janet on your prestigious award.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! I haven't been reading this blog very long, only a couple of years, but I've enjoyed the
variety of postings. Thank you for all your hard work.

Annie

mysandycat@aol.com

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks so much! I love sharing mystery info..

Anonymous said...

Well done! I enjoy your posts & appreciate the work you do. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a well-deserved award!

Susan Robinette