Sunday, December 20, 2015

Winter Solstice Crime Fiction

The winter solstice is almost upon us. I'm glad the days will begin to lengthen. I'm big on light. I put together a huge list of Christmas Mysteries (divided into 5 posts), and I'm sure some of those authors/titles reference the Winter Solstice, but I didn't find all that many that actually center on the Winter Solstice. Any titles/authors you can add?

Winter Solstice Mysteries

Ngaio Marsh, Off with His Head
Joan Hess, A Holly Jolly Murder
Jane Langton, The Shortest Day: Murder at the Revels
Henning Mankell, Italian Shoes

And, if you want to celebrate your Winter Solstice in chocolate, check out these Yule Log (Buche De Noel) posts.

Buche de Noel for the holidays
Ice Cream Cake Buche de Noel
Where to Buy Buches de Noel in the San Francisco Bay Area
 

2 comments:

Bernie Sammon said...

G. M. Mallet's A Fatal Winter, is not exactly based on the solstice, but happens at solstice rather than Christmas. It finishes up with a Solstice dinner.

If you'd like to pad out the list of titles for solstice.

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Bernie, and I'm adding it! Love her books.