Thursday, June 4, 2015

Shamus Award Nominees

The Private Eye Writers of America announced the finalists for the 2015 Shamus Awards. Congrats to all.

Best Hardcover P.I. Novel
The Hollow Girl by Reed Farrel Coleman 
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith 
Toyko Kill by Barry Lancet 
Hounded  by David Rosenfelt 
Peter Pan Must Die by John Verdon

Best First P.I. Novel
Invisible City by Julia Dahl 
Bad Country by C.B. McKenzie 
Last of the Independents by Sam Wiebe 
Wink of an Eye by Lynn Chandler Willis 
City of Brick and Shadow by Tim Wirkus

Best Original Paperback P.I. Novel
The Detective and the Pipe Girl by Michael Craven 
Beauty With A Bomb by M.C.Grant
Critical Damage by Robert K. Lewis 
Street Justice by Kris Nelscott 
Moonlight Weeps by Vincent Zandri

Best P.I. Short Story
“Clear Recent History” by  Gon Ben Ari in Tel Aviv Noir
"The Ehrengraf Fandango " by Lawrence Block  in  Defender of the Innocent
“Fear Is The Best Keeper of Secrets ” by Vali Khalili in Tehran Noir
“Mei Kwei, I Love You” by Suchen Christine Lim in Singapore Noir
“Busting Red Heads” by Richard Helms  in Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine

Best Indie P.I. Novel
The Shadow Broker by Trace Conger 
Nobody’s Child by Libby Fischer Hellmann
Played To Death by BV Lawson 
The Kids Are All Right by Steve Liskow  
Get Busy Dying by Ben Rehder

1 comment:

Ana Manwaring said...

I loved Libby Fischer Hellmann's Nobody's Child. Good luck to her in the Best Indie P.I. Novel category.