Sunday, January 9, 2022

Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds and the towns of Bodega and Bodega Bay

I love Bodega Bay, and I have done since I first saw Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds when I was living on the East Coast. O.K. I'm a bit quirky, but then I'm a mystery person. The film was very scary at the time--not so much viewed these days. But since I live part time in Bodega Bay, I'm well aware of the birds, as well as the settings. Bodega Bay is filled with birds. See the photo of birds on my roof in Bodega Bay below.

Birds on my house in Bodega Bay

I was pleased to see this article by Amanda Bartlett at SFGate on her 'creepy' trip to Bay Area Towns still living in the shadow of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. Be sure and read it! The towns of Bodega and Bodega Bay (5 miles apart-one inland, the other on the Bay) are really quite charming. I don't find them creepy at all. Come and visit and see for yourself! 






1 comment:

Nancy Lynn Jarvis said...

That movie scared the begeebies out of me, especially when my dad came home from playing golf and described birds massing on the course.