Wednesday, July 31, 2024

DENISE DIETZ: R.I.P.

Denise (Deni) Dietz passed away yesterday (1942-2024). Mystery writer and editor, Deni Dietz was funny and smart and a one-of-a-kind. I always enjoyed talking with her at conventions because she would always say or do something so very 'unconventional.' Deni was a supporter of so many writers, sharing her expertise on so many subjects. She wrote several articles (and even a recipe!) over the years for the Mystery Readers Journal. She was the author of  the Diet Club Mystery Series, several Stand Alones, and many Short stories. I especially enjoyed her 'foodie' mysteries that were filled with humor and wit. 

Deni will be missed. My sympathy and love go out to her family and her many friends.

Diet Club Series: 

Throw Darts at a Cheesecake
Beat up a Cookie
Chain a Lamb Chop to the Bed
Strangle a Loaf of Italian Bread   

Other: 

Footprints in the Butter
Fifty Cents for Your Soul
Eye of Newt 
Soap Bubbles
A Woman’s Touch: 11 Stories of Murder and Misdemeanors ’10 (anthology)
An Almost Purr-fect Murder  (story)
Annie and the Grateful Dead  (novella)
The Sound and the Furry: Stories to Benefit the International Fund for Animal Welfare  (Denise Dietz & Lillian Stewart Carl, editors)


8 comments:

D. P. Lyle, MD said...

Oh no. I hate to hear this. Deni was warm, funny, and a talented writer. Many years ago I worked with her on the plot of her novel "Chain a Lambchop to the Bed." She was so witty and so much fun to work with. Deni, you will be missed.

DP Lyle

vallery said...

Another shock and sad. Lovely lady.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! She was unique, opinionated, forceful, entertaining … I hate hearing this.

Susan said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. She gave me my first break when I sent a manuscript in to Five Star Publishing. I'll be forever grateful.

Diana Orgain said...

Sorry to hear this! Denise was my first editor

Peg Herring said...

Denise wrote my first blurb when we were both Five Star authors. A warm and funny lady. RIP

Mike Befeler said...

Deni was the acquiring editor for my first novel. She will be missed

Anonymous said...

Baruch Dayan HaEmet! May she rest in peace