Friday, July 12, 2024

LADY IN THE LAKE: Apple TV+ Limited Series


I haven't seen it yet, but Lady in the Lake, based on Laura Lippman's 2019 novel will air on Apple TV+, starting Friday, July 19. I really enjoyed the book, and I hope the TV production does it justice. I'l come back to this post after I see it.

Lady in the Lake stars Natalie Portman, Moses Ingram and Y'lan Noel. It is a 7-part series. 

Maddie Schwartz, a Jewish housewife, seeking to shed a secret past and reinvent herself as an investigative journalist. Cleo Johnson is a mother navigating the political underbelly of Black Baltimore while struggling to provide for her family. Their disparate lives seem parallel at first, but when Maddie becomes fixated on Cleo’s mystifying death, a chasm opens that puts everyone around them in danger.

2 comments:

KimHaysBern said...


If you liked the book, Janet, I think I'll read it first before I see this. Too bad to spoil a good book by seeing a TV production first.

KimHaysBern said...


If you liked the book a lot, Janet, I think I'll read it first. It would be too bad to spoil a good read by seeing a TV production first.