Friends of Mystery) for his novel Crashers. Under the name of Conrad Haynes he had three traditional mysteries published in the 1980’s. Crashers, published in June 2010, featured the world of the National Transportation Safety Board’s aviation disaster investigations.
The 2011 award marks the 16th year of Spotted Owl winners. Previous winners are Alan Bradley, Kate Wilhelm, Kris (Nelscott) Rusch, and Lowen Clausen, who have each won the award twice. Other winners include Earl Emerson, John Straley, Tom Mitcheltree, L.L. Thrasher, Marcia Simpson, G.M. Ford, Kevin O’Brien, Mike Doogan and Phil Margolin.
Runners up for the 2011 Spotted Owl award are:
2. Jon Talton for Deadline Man
3. Robert Dugoni for Bodily Harm
4. Mike Lawson for House Justice
5. Patrick McManus for The Huckleberry Murders
6. Bill Cameron for Day One
7. Phillip Margolin for Supreme Justice
8. Greg Rucka for The Last Run
9. Steve Martini for The Rule of Nine
10. Michael Gruber for The Good Son
Triple Chocolate Cake: National Chocolate Day! - Today is *Chocolate Day*. To be honest there are several *National Chocolate Days* throughout the year, and, of course, every day is *Chocolate Day* at *D...
16 minutes ago