Monday, September 23, 2013

Herman Koch's The Dinner to be adapted

From Deadline:

Kate Blanchett is set to make her feature directorial debut on an adaptation of the Herman Koch novel The Dinner. The Messenger scribe Oren Moverman is adapting the psychological thriller which explores just how far some parents might go to protect their children. Cotty Chubb is producing through his ChubbCo banner. The film will be exec produced by Eva Maria Daniels and Olga Segura. It is unclear at the moment if Blanchett will star in the film. 
 
HT: BV Lawson

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This novel has already been adapted into a film by a director from the Netherlands, Menno Meyjes. His film, called Het Diner (The Dinner), had its world premiere at the Toronto Int'l Film Festival a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing both versions.
Cheers, Icewineanne

Janet Rudolph said...

I didn't know that... thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

I have this on my physical books TBR (which I may be tackling sooner than I thought as my original kindle has died :-( )

Anonymous said...

This is on my physical books TBR which I'm now going to tackle due to the death of my original kindle :-(