Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tana French: Faithful Place

If you read my blog or know me personally, you know that I really think Tana French is a terrific writer. In the Woods and The Likeness were both on my Best of Lists for their respective years. I wrote about them both... and blogged about them.

Now there's news that Faithful Place, the third in the series, will be out in July 2010. Here's the Amazon synopsis:

The course of Frank Mackey’s life was set by one defining moment when he was nineteen. The moment his girlfriend, Rosie Daly, failed to turn up for their rendezvous in Faithful Place, failed to run away with him to London as they had planned. Frank never heard from her again. Twenty years on, Frank is still in Dublin, working as an undercover cop. He’s cut all ties with his dysfunctional family. Until his sister calls to say that Rosie’s suitcase has been found. Frank embarks on a journey into his past that demands he reevaluate everything he believes to be true.

Hardcover to be published July 12, 2010. Paperback: July 7, 2010 on Amazon. That can't be right, but I found it on the Amazon Website? Also found July 13, 2010 at Borders and other places.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just went to Amazon.com to put it on my wish list. It now says that it will be released on July 13, 2010. Lower down, where it lists the different formats available, it says the hc will be released July 12, 2010 and the paperback will be released July 7.

I think someone at Amazon needs to do some proofreading.

Janet Rudolph said...

Can't wait. Love her writing..

Anonymous said...

Fabulous.
First book was great, second was even better as the characters were more developed and the story line continued from the first book, make this second book more complex. I was hoping that French would carry the characters into the next level (stage). Glad to hear there is "Faithful Place" about to be published, can't wait. I hope there will be fourth book after Faithful Place that will intertwine their lives (Cassy, Sam, Rob, and Frank) thereby moving the series into a higher and more complex level.

L.