Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Harry Morgan: R.I.P.

"Joe Friday's" loyal partner, Emmy award winning character actor Harry Morgan, passed away today at the age of 96. He also portrayed Col. Potter on television's "M-A-S-H". His career included nine other TV series, 50 films and the Broadway stage.

Some of his television shows included his being the co-star on "December Bride," its spin-off "Pete and Gladys," "The Richard Boone Show,"  and "Kentucky Jones."

For me, I'll always remember him on M-A-S-H and Dragnet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear that!

Janet Rudolph said...

Yes, very sad. He did live a long and fruitful life, though. Started out studying prelaw at University of Chicago and switched careers.. also raised horses here in Northern CA... great talent.

Joe Barone said...

Yeah! I was so taken with him in MASH that I forget he was Joe's partner. I liked him there too. As square as it was, I liked Joe Friday.