Sunday, May 26, 2019

UNFORGOTTEN: Series 3

I'm not sure I mentioned that Unforgotten Series 3 was on PBS. Hope you caught it when it was on in April. If not, you can watch the entire series on PBS Passport. Subscribe to your local station (at a certain dollar amount), and you will have extended access to over 1500 episodes of your favorite shows.

But back to Unforgotten Series 3. This has to be the best yet. Nicola Walker (Last Tango in Halifax) and Sanjeev Bhaskar (The Indian Doctor) star as police officers investigating cold case murders. In series 3 they investigate the murder of a young girl found buried near a busy highway. Unforgotten is unique in its detective and team interactions. With each series, the storyline unfolds over 6 episodes, each more impactful than the last, introducing new characters and situations, and finally wrapping it all up. I don't want to give away too much, but if this show has been off your radar, it's time to bring it forward. You can still watch the first two seasons on PBS Passport (and probably elsewhere). Unforgotten is brilliant! Great acting, terrific writing, and a very satisfying mystery!

And, in case you're wondering, there will be a Series 4.

 

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

I absolutely love this series! Have even rewatched it all.

Susanne said...

This is an excellent series, well written and emotionally intense. I have yet to play around with PBS Passport, but hope too this dummer.

vegebet said...

I did watch this series and loved it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes! I watched the first two seasons free on my Firestick a few months ago and was very taken with the characters and the stories.

Especially one dark evening in a pub when nearly ... but then ... I took it to be an Easter egg for detective show junkies. :)

And now I've convinced myself to pay the 15 bucks Season 3 will cost me.

Unknown said...

I just discovered it this year. Stunning series. So happy to hear that there will be a #4!