Friday, January 6, 2023

WILL TRENT: New TV series based on Karin Slaughter's mysteries

I caught the first episode of Will Trent last night.
It's a n
ew ABC crime drama based on Karin Slaughter’s bestselling mystery series. I liked it. Good acting, nice plot, interesting back story (we're thrown right into it), and good police procedure. I especially liked the quirky main characters. It may not be how I envisaged Karin Slaughter's characters, but it works as a TV series, nonetheless. 

The series follows Special Agent Will Trent of the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) who was abandoned at birth and endured a harsh coming-of-age in Atlanta’s overwhelmed foster care system. But now, determined to use his unique point of view to make sure no one is abandoned like he was, Will Trent has the highest clearance rate in the GBI. 

Ramón Rodríguez stars as the special agent in this procedural set in Georgia. Also starring: Erika Christensen, Iantha Richardson, Jake McLaughlin, and Sonja Sohn. 

The new series premiered Tuesday, January 3, at 10:00 p.m. ET on ABC. It aired on Hulu January 4. Will Trent episode 2, “I’m a Pretty Observant Guy,” will premiere January 10, at the same time, with new episodes following every Tuesday after that (and Hulu next day).

Have you seen it? What do you think?

6 comments:

Margie Bunting said...

My son recorded it and we both watched it last night. I'm happy to say we enjoyed it enough to record the rest of the series. I've never read the Karin Slaughter books, but I like the portrayal of the main character by Ramon Rodriguez, as well as Erika Christensen's character.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Have not read the books. Both my adult son and I enjoyed it. Thought it was interesting they were using the Rookie and Rookie: Feds as a lead in audience.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I thought it was surprisingly good for a network show.

Lesa said...

I recorded it, and I'm glad I did. I ended up putting on close captioning because I couldn't understand anything they were saying. The background music was too loud, and the actors don't enunciate. But, I really enjoyed the show, and I'll continue to watch.

BarbieCat said...

I've started recording it weekly as I liked the first show. Ramon Rodriguez is a likable and capable new actor to me and I liked him as the Will Trent character. There's a bit of off beatness to the show which I hope continues. I don't watch much broadcast network TV because interrupting ads annoy me ... hence recordings.

Debbie Adams said...

I've read the Will Trent series and loved it! I just started watching the TV series and am disappointed the characters aren't more like the books. The actor who plays Will Trent is too short , not reserved, and talks too much. I like the Angie actor but she's not mean enough, the Amanda character isn't condescending enough. However Betty wa spot on.