Thursday, July 21, 2011

Red Phone Box Library

A few months ago I mentioned that a former red phone box in the UK had been transformed into what must be one of the UK's smallest libraries. That phone box is located near Truro. Now other villages have set up lending libraries in other discarded red phone booths. Long Live the Library!

Mystery Fans Bill and Toby Gottfried just returned from an extended stay in the U.K. and shared these photos. Always good to know that some of my favorite mysteries are available!

5 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love this! The last time we were in London I spotted an article in the paper saying that these red phone boxes were going to be turned into mini self-service snack shops. Food and books! Does it get any better than that?

KellySaderholm said...

So cool! I love this. They need to do blue call-boxes for sci-fi libraries

Janet Rudolph said...

Kelly--or the blue police boxes..:-)

Bobbi Mumm said...

This is great. The no smoking sign made me laugh.

Unknown said...

Wouldn't it be great if the call boxes were TARDISes?