Thursday, September 15, 2022

RITTER AMES: R.I.P.


This is such incredible sad news. Mystery author Ritter Ames and her husband died in a house fire a few days ago. 

Posted by her friend Jodie Nida on Ritter Ames Facebook page:

I am heartbroken to convey the tragic news that Ritter Ames has passed away. She and her husband perished earlier this week when their home burned. Very little is known at this time about the cause of the fire or the plans to memorialize them.
They were both amazing people—vibrant and enjoying the lives they worked so hard to build. Ritter was a dedicated, talented author who always supported other writers in any way possible. Thankfully, her wonderful novels and articles have lives of their own and they will forever touch the hearts of her readers.
Deeply connected throughout their married lives, Ritter and her husband will be doubly mourned. Please join me in praying for their daughter Courtney.

***

Ritter Ames was the author of three cozy mystery series: The Bodies of Art Mysteries; The Organized Mysteries; and her latest series The Frugal Lissa Mysteries. The first in that series, Frugal Lissa Finds a Body is in bookstores now. 

She will be missed by family, friends, and the mystery community. May she Rest In Peace. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just awful news…

Anonymous said...

Such a loss.

Anonymous said...

I'm so incredibly sad! Prayers for their daughter and the family. Honey was there to greet them and show them the ropes. Rest in peace! God speed.

Judy Penz Sheluk said...

I am sorry to read this.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I loved her books! And her personality, humor, joy. How dreadful and heartbreaking. Praying for her family

Anonymous said...

Soo sad what a waste of terrific prople.

Kings River Life said...

So sad!

Jeanie Jackson said...

So heartbreaking. She was such a warm, kind person as well as an outstanding author and wonderful artist. I understand that her husband was kind as well. I can't imagine what her daughter, other family and irl friends are going through. I was sad when Honey passed, but now I am glad she is there to meet them. Thank you for sharing. It hasn't been posted many places.

gds said...

I am so sorry for this tragedy. I never saw this post (gee, thanks, FB!) but had been trying to contact Ritter - to see how she was, keep in touch, etc. This morning I decided to Google her name and this post came up. I am devastated. She was the kindest, sweetest person. I will miss her friendship, and her books, and my heart goes out to her daughter. Your parents were the best.