Wednesday, December 20, 2023

WINTER SOLSTICE MYSTERIES // WINTER SOLSTICE CRIME FICTION

I love the Winter Solstice. I love light, so I'm glad the days will now begin to lengthen.

I put together a huge list of Christmas Mysteries again this year (5 posts), and I'm sure some of those authors/titles reference the Winter Solstice. Here are a few that really center on the Winter Solstice. This is an updated list. Let me know if there are any titles/authors I should add?

Winter Solstice Mysteries

Cleeves, Ann: The Darkest Evening
Farren, C.: Winter Solstice Murders; The Solstice Murders; Winter Solstice Murders Notebook
Fitt, Mary: Death and the Shortest Day
Hess, Joan: A Holly Jolly Murder
Higgs, Steve: Solstice Goat

Johnson, Erin: Solstice Spirits
Langton, Jane: The Shortest Day: Murder at the Revels
Mankel, Henning: Italian Shoes
Marsh, Ngaio: Off with His Head
Mitchell, Gladys: The Dancing Druids
Murphy, Lois: Soon.
Oldre, Bonnie: Silent Winter Solstice
Snow, Melanie: Witch's Tail
Watson, Sophia: Solstice

True Crime: 

Sweeney, Martin: Death in the Winter Solstice

And, if you want to celebrate your Winter Solstice in chocolate, check out this Buche de Noel aka Yule log on my other blog, DyingforChocolate.com.

 

No comments: