Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dermot Mulroney is new Jim Rockford

The Ausiello Files yesterday broke the news that Dermot Mulroney will play Jim Rockford on NBC's Rockford Files remake. Mulroney is best known as Julia Roberts' pal in MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING and has also appeared in ZODIAC and YOUNG GUNS. This will be his first regular television gig.

Rockford Files was one of my favorite series, and I often watched it with my Dad.. and usually discussed episodes. The series ran from 1974 to 1980.

Hat Tip to: Crimespree Cinema. Read  CrimeSpree Cinema comments HERE.

It will be interesting to see how this production goes. James Garner was Jim Rockford!

2 comments:

noemi said...

Oh, but I might be tempted to get a TV to watch Mulroney.

Terry said...

I always enjoyed that show so it is nice seeing it's return. Great casting choice.